Friday, October 19, 2007

rainy day fall treat

it is a rainy fall day today, this induces 2 feelings in me always. #1 crawl back under the covers and sleep, or #2 EAT! (a combo of both if you are really lucky.) being mommy to toddlers does not give me the chance for #1, so my mom came over with her trusty 1963 cookbook in hand; faded blue cover and yellowing dog-eared pages. today we made one of my favorite childhood recipes, apple dumplings. we have plenty of fresh apples from the orchard thanks to kellen so why not put them to sweet work! mom made the dough while i made the filling and syrup. can you smell them? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok well i've got my pj's and my bowl and spoon now all i need is some milk, yum.


kellen "helping nanny with his playdough tools
ready for the oven
golden sweet sticky goodness



No comments: