Friday, December 10, 2010

5 senses friday

i have a few new songs each year that just move me. yesterday this song came on the radio and i drove an extra block just so i could listen to the end. definitely in my top 5 this year.

listening...



smelling:: my morning coffee and fresh baked goodness (see "tasting"). and soon to be smelling the fresh scent of evergreen since today we will get our tree.

tasting:: homemade cinnamon rolls (thanks to my baking husband. thank you honey. yum)

feeling:: excited for our day.

seeing:: my breath outside. baby it's COLD outside.... 11 degrees right now. brrrrr!

happy friday everyone.

11 comments:

Erika said...

I have a mad crush on those boys. I blame Jessica for that. And I think my husband might be crushing harder. I'll blame her for that too.

Scout said...

Oh my gosh. As if I could love you any more. The Avett Brothers are my all time favorite band. Seriously. We've seen them live 5 times and if I didn't have kids, I would give up everything and follow them to the ends of the earth. Is that creepy?
Have you checked out their other stuff? My favorite album changes almost daily but right now I'm loving Migonette. And check out Seth's solo project "Darling". They're absolutely incredible.

gonzomama said...

yep. those boys are as beautiful as their music. (you're welcome erika and mark, ha ha ha!)

cinnamon rolls and coffee sound delicious. would it be wrong to have those for dinner?

Carrie said...

One of my very, very favorite songs.

Debbie E said...

ive had that on my ipod for awhile,,love the song!!

Molly said...

i can almost smell those cinnamon rolls. yummmmm.

Char said...

that is a fantastic song

Unknown said...

love the song.. wow.


and it's comforting to know that we aren't the only people getting our tree today.

Sherrie said...

Thank you, thank you for recommending this! (If I dare say it out loud, I had never heard of them!) After listening to a few of their songs, am off to get some albums. Love, love, love! Thank you. :)

jag said...

Wow - thanks for introducing me to the Avett Brothers. Had never heard of them before! (Yes, I live a sheltered life. :-))

I think I'll be listening to them more now...
xox

Anonymous said...

I listened to the album over and over and over last year when I was driving up to maine. We made a very quick decision to move here...

"Load the car and write the note
Grab your bag and grab your coat
Tell the ones that need to know
We are headed north"

have a wonderful day

-bethany