Friday, January 07, 2011

note to myself.

i daydream a lot.
i find myself thinking of things i'd like to do or should do. seldom do i take the time to sit and write (type) them down... being the new year and all i thought i would pause for a moment and scribble a few things that have been bumping around in my head lately...
a to-do in progress...
  1. wear more color. (i wear black and grey a lot... ) this year i want to be brighter!
  2. keep growing my hair out, even though it is at that stage where if i am left alone with a scissors or clippers bad things could very well happen. maybe my "to do" should be, "HIDE THE SCISSORS!" instead. I want to wear pigtails and eventually braids. casey's hair is so adorable braided these days i think she is now my hair muse and motivation...
  3. i finally decided on a quote for my tattoo . now i need to get inked. my bday is coming up the last one in my 30's... i figure it is a good year for a tattoo.
  4. get a teapot with a whistling birdie on top. hubby and i have gotten away from all the coffee we were consuming and have switched to hot teas... i would like a pretty tea pot to make it with. possibly yellow. :)
  5. sign kellen up for swim classes.
  6. sign casey up for dance class.
  7. get to work on a quilt for taylor
  8. read. more. books.
  9. continue to be braver, happier, more present, more giving, i started the year with a bang i really hope to keep that positive momentum flowing this year...
this list will keep growing... but this is a good start.

12 comments:

beth said...

#1 and #2 are so me right now.....BUT i can't do color...i just can't. i added army/khaki green into my black/brown/grey mix and that's as far as i can go....

i tried on red earrings today and together my hubby and i had a good laugh....

and oh sheesh....the hair. i just said today "i'm cutting it all off" "really i am".....but i won't....

kristen said...

right on, lady. you're my inspiration. xo

jodi said...

an excellent to-do-in-progress list.

tea is where it's AT. glad you've both come around. ;)

and YAY BOOKS!!!

and #10 - go to NYC (amirite??)

ELK said...

a wonderful list..growing out hair is soooo hard ..YOU can DO IT!!

Anonymous said...

love your list...i am letting my hair grow out too. what is your quote for your tatoo? i need to get away from coffee completely too. i have a mickey mouse teapot, and i love drinking tea...but, i still drink coffee too. sorry, for all of the rambling.

Jill said...

Buy a pair of bright red shoes; seriously, red shoes change your life. And get that ink done - there is nothing like looking at your quote. It's like life's little cheat sheet :)

Erika said...

You push me to finish my list & I'll help you, ok?

Swim lessons have been on a silent list of mine for the past 2 years. Coop starts today!

Find yourself that teapot & delight us all with pictures & I'll send you some tea!

Kiesha said...

omgosh the list I think you did for your birthday last year inspired me to make my own for my birthday...except I just kept writing and instead of 41 things I have 341! I know not everything will get done but some of them are really small like waking up happy and sticking to my schedule. So far I've chopped my hair #26 and pierce my nose #244 :)

xanthe said...

a beautiful list, very inspiring. you are an amazing spirit, i wish you all the best for 2011 x.

Unknown said...

this list is so inspiring.

Anonymous said...

hi kristin,

re: tattoo.

go out of state!!! i can direct you toward an incredible artist in massachusetts. i am a transplant to maine as of last year. i have many tattoos. and i have yet to meet someone with quality work. nothing against maine. just have not seen anything i would be pleased with permanently on my body.

http://horseshoesandhandgrenadestattoo.com/

if you go there see the owner andy barrett. he is a good friend of my husband's and mine. insanely amazing artist. he is gifted.


best to you,
bethany fox

Pam said...

All good stuff.

Why is wearing color so hard for some people. My wardrobe is heavy on black, gray and brown. I have a few red pieces but other than that no color and no prints.

It would be a good year for a tattoo. I have one around my ring finger and I'd like to get it retouched.

Keep us posted on what you read.