Friday, May 20, 2011

checking in

i have been mia here this week. sadly we are sick again in our house this week. like the cold rainy weather, it feels a bit relentless this year, the amount of illness we have struggled with. i am trying to keep my head up and hoping with all hope the forcast for the weekend holds true and we reach 60 degrees! i hope i hope i hope. we {by "we" i mean me and that mouse in my pocket ;) } could sure use some open windows and warmth that does not require my heater kicking on again... gah. (i will not whine i will not whine i will not whine) my mantra seems to fail me a bit, sorry.

today is taylor's last "real day" of high school! next week she has a few finals, then after that will come her official graduation, but today she must be feeling that mixed bag of "omg! it is really over!" feelings. i remember so wanting to graduate, but i was that weird kid who kind of loved high school. i had lots of good friends, and teachers i really liked, so seeing it all end was so final for me and i missed it. i still do. i told you i was weird.

i saw this quote and wanted to pass it along. i especially love the line i placed in bold....

"i will not die an unlived life.

i will not live in fear of falling or catching fire.

i will choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me,

to make me less afraid, more accessible,

to loosen my heart until it becomes… a wing, a torch, a promise.

i choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed

goes to the next as blossom, + that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

- dawn markova –


happy friday everyone. xo

5 comments:

lilia said...

how did you know that I desperately needed to read that today? xoxo, Lilia

Kimberly June said...

I completely feel you on the relentless colds this year. As soon as I thought "Wow, its been a few weeks since anyone has been sick!" BAM! Another one strikes. Hope its a mild and quick one for us all!

windrock studio said...

Hey Kristen, that's a beautiful quote, I love coming across special ones ... and those wonderful words, open windows and warmth, perfect for me this weekend, none of that here yet. I sure hope y'all get better real soon ~ take care.

erin said...

I am hopeful that this is your last bit of hunkering down together to keep each other warm and to nourish those inner places before the sun shines on all of your faces and the shadows are behind you once again...sending warmth and get-wellness to you!

Unknown said...

The ensemble drama about young adults growing up in Beverly Hills is a blend of romantic drama and subject matter that crosses all cultural boundaries. The storyline has followed the Walsh family as they moved from a middle-class Midwestern neighborhood to wealthy and glamorous Beverly Hills, maturing from high school to college students, facing new challenges as they continue to grow and discover more about themselves and their personal ambitions. As their worlds evolve, old friendships will be tested as new relationships develop, but no matter how complicated their worlds become, they will always share in their strengths and experiences.

Star Trek The Next Generation Season 1-7
Star Trek The Original Season 1-3
Star Trek Voyager Season 1-7
Stargate SG-1 Season 1-10