Monday, October 03, 2011

connections

connections by kristin~mainemomma
connections, a photo by kristin~mainemomma on Flickr.

"...I hope they remember how I let them draw in the flour as the dough rests. The weight of my hands on theirs as we roll out a circle. How small tears are easily mended with a little water and a gentle touch. That no pie is perfect, but all are perfectly imperfect. That slowing down, taking time, and creating something homemade together brings us closer...."
you can read more at everyday storytellers today.

my momma is here visiting us.
maybe i will go get some apples and she and i can make her apple dumpling recipe today. a perfect example of connecting through food and traditions, and yummy too.
happy monday
xo.


3 comments:

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 said...

oh, i love this krisitin. i have so many happy memories associated with both my mom and my grandma baking. there will never be a peach pie like my grandma's and how i wish i could have had her teach me while she was still able to! love this photo.

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

this is so beautiful. and happy momma visit!!!

MyFrogs said...

I was just thinking the other day if my girls will remember/appreciate one day the "wierd" food I make them try/eat? Like will they have an expanded pallet when they're older from eating dolmades or arroz con pollo? There's no nuggets and mac n cheese in our house.