Wednesday, November 21, 2012

traditions

today at shutter sisters we are celebrating the upcoming holiday with a fitting word, "kitchen".
i will be in mine most of today making things we love to eat. some handed down family recipes, some recipes meaningful to just my little family unit.

on my to do list today:
  • homemade applesauce
  • mashed potatoes (why today? i need half of them for my potato filling recipe)
  • stuffing (half for the bird and the other half for that filling recipe!)
  • potato filling the culmination of the above prep... this is the one family recipe i cannot have thanksgiving without. it is all my memories of thanksgiving wrapped up into one dish. dutchy, buttery, goodness. it reminds me of childhood. of my mom. of "home".

so off to the kitchen i go.
i have 2 little helpers ready to go, aprons on.

however you celebrate tomorrow, may it be filled with warmth, love and the good feeling of home.

from our home to yours,
xoxo

1 comment:

kristen said...

love to you and yours, tin. xoxo