Monday, May 07, 2007

blog family

i read blogs everyday, they have become a hobby for me. i have my favorites as anyone does who blogs. of course most of mine are moms with small kids. today went to my faves and saw that "sweetsalty" kate has had her twin boys way too early due to TTTS. ( at only 28 weeks) i am still so very shaken and sad by this. i do not know her of course, but you get a feeling of connection through blogging. you comment on theirs and they comment on yours.this sharing helps you feel not so alone in this motherhood game. so please if you read this, send well wishes,and prayers, and thoughts (whatever you believe) to kate, her new twins, liam and ben, her hubby justin and their first born evan. they are so small and fragile but perhaps with this big world of computers we can wish them health and growth one day at a time. if you would like to read kate's blog it is linked under "boy +2" on the side of my blog, just click there and it will take you to her... you can even wish her well in her comment section of her blog. i know she reads it and i am sure every thought will give her a bit more strength. thanks.

a poem for kate...

God Bless This Little Child by Shelley Baller

God bless the little child behind the plastic wall ...For all he knows is the ringing of the bells and the blurred images around him. He has been taken from my womb without warning and I long to hold him in my arms.Lord, I ask in your name that my child be healed.I am willing to accept your decision no matter what it will be.I am willing to take on the responsibilities for caring for this child.I am willing to give this child love and understanding no matter the cost.Please Lord help me to accept reality and what has happened without explanation or warning. Help me face the fact that this is not my fault and that I was given a special task to complete here on Earth. Give my child the strength to make it through another second, minute, hour and day as each moment is a blessing and a triumph from heaven. God, may you give the strength and compassion to the caregivers and nurses that take care of my child. May you keep my child protected and free from all injury and pain.Please take away the guilt and burden from my heart. It is heavy and I feel it is all my fault.
Take it away dear Lord. Allow me the strength and understanding I need to communicate with the Doctors and Nurses. As you see dear Lord, I am at your mercy for the life of my child. Please leave him here on Earth and know that I will provide all the love and understanding that this child needs.I accept the challenge and will be your humble servant dear Lord.

No comments: