Thursday, August 28, 2008

balance

i have really exciting news to share.  I was notified  by my group leader,  Scott Eccleston, that one of my entries in Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk here in Portland,  was chosen as my group's winner!  wow.  it was a day of firsts for me. first to get out and meet other photogs in my city, first competition, or photo walk for that matter, that i have ever done.  i have my hubby to thank for reading of  the walk and completely encouraging me to sign up.  it was totally out of my comfort zone.  i was nervous, like a first day of school nervous.  we had gorgeous weather, and thankfully for me, lots of sun to shoot with that day.  i was very pleased with what i got once i got home and as able to comb over my shots.  it was really great to see all the images seeing how each person saw something i totally missed or something i shot in a totally different light.  please go check out Portland's  group on flickr if you haven't already to see all of the wonderful images of the Old Port here in Portland, Maine.  my image will be sent along with 1 winner from each of the participating cities worldwide. from those images a grand prize "world" winner will be selected, what an honor.  i do think it a bit funny though, the winner, the image of mine that will seen by Scott Kelby himself, well he will be looking at this.....
seagull butt!   lol  :)

update: just found some COOL stats from the walk...
  1. We had 8,324 photographers register for local walks
  2. 47 Countries had participating cities
  3. 44 States in the US had photowalks
  4. For a total of 236 cities

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome work. Incredibly proud.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have said it before: YOU ROCK!!!

Congratulations! I'm soooooo excited for you!!! YAY!!

ELK said...

so is that the photo that won? I am proud of your effort to spread your wings! On to the world finals like photo Olympics huh!?

Anonymous said...

This made me smile all day yesterday. It's been so exciting watching you grow and develop in confidence and style. You are a great photographer, and an even greater person. Good things come to good people, so get ready for more!
I am willing you to win the top prize, I know you can!

Anonymous said...

that's so wonderful! :)

Kristin Zecchinelli said...

thank you all for your comments, encouragement and inspiration. love k

Anonymous said...

another congratulations to you. i think you kicked gull butt :) you should be very proud of yourself, you did it girl!!

Kristin Zecchinelli said...

i "kicked gull butt!" lolololol LOVE YOU M!

vintagechica said...

Just wanted to add my congratulations!!! How wonderful!