Wednesday, August 27, 2008

elusive teen spotting




i am sure many people who view my pics and read here think i have 2 adorable children, 2 and only 2. well that is not so, yes i have 2 toddlers, but add 1 very tall,(almost 6 foot) blonde 15 year old teen girl. my first born, the one who made me a momma. i have no idyllic version of life with a teenager. we butt heads, a lot. of course the cliche applies it is because i want the best for her, but more so i want the best from her. all that aside, she is growing and changing , had her first summer job and by the way did AWESOME! she went to work, made new friends, and even called on her days off to work more shifts! i am very proud of her efforts this summer and the positive changes i see growing in her. next year she will learn to drive, i may need vodka, lots of vodka! eventhough she dwells here everyday she rarely allows me to take pictures of her. that tweenhood of awkwardness, uncomfortable in her new body , heck sometimes just plain hiding out in her room with her phone and computer doing her own thing as all teens do... as i did (minus the computer)! but the other day i got some shots off. and i love them, and you know what?  SHE loves them. that makes me so happy that she can look at an image and think she looks "cool".  mission accomplished.  

2 comments:

ELK said...

thank you for sharing Kristen ~ the photos are beautiful ~ I have a teen who does not mind her mom taking/posting photos but gets veto power!

Leslie said...

These photos are great! I hear you about the teen photo thing...I have two, but very few photos of either. That's why I resort to taking pictures of flowers and food :-) I need to borrow someone's toddlers so I can get my cute fix!