comes round once a year without fail, no matter how hard i may try and deny it.
today is my birthday! da da da da da! so happy birthday to me!
another year older
just whiter (thanks to my great nanny and her son my pop-pop both white haired at early ages, not gray, whiiiiite)
and wrinklier, saggier. gravity is unkind, oh and i guess my addiction to all things carbs does not aid in these matters.
ever inspired by andrea and her lists, i decided to make my own list of things to do before the next birthday rolls around. some fun. some quirky. some dreams, even a bit wild. some things i used to do a lot, and have somehow forgotten them in the blur of my years. so here goes.
my 37 things to do before i am 38.
1. get a vintage bicycle a little rust would be perfect , complete with a basket to hold something lovely in and ride!
2. see a concert
3. truly learn my settings on my camera maybe even take a class
4. throw a par-tay
5. meet at least 3 flickr friends in person
6. take a train ride with my momma
7. make a solid date night and stick to it
8. complete my very first 365
9. take a photobooth strip
10. start a project that truly GIVES back
11. learn how to play a song on our guitar
12. go roller skating
13. take a dance class~ salsa preferably
14. sew something on a sewing machine
15. knit something from an actual pattern and not a scarf or a hat, meaning learn how to read a pattern
16. have my portrait taken and love it flaws and all
17. win at whack a mole
18. have a girls weekend
19. get some of my photos hung somewhere, coffee shop, gallery, anywhere
20. rewatch my top 5 fave movies (first i need to decide what they are)
21. go to squam in the fall
22. eat steak frites here
23. pic a beautiful tree and shoot it on the first day of each month for 1 year.
24. plant a mini garden with kellen and casey
25. go hear a rousing sermon by the reverend al green with dani
25. take a DHB shot with susan, jodi, and cynthia
26. eat a johnny depp with diane
27. make a blurb book out of andie's and my dip project
28. see this 'lovely' movie when it is released
29. get a beautiful shot of all 3 of my children together, key word being together
30. try not to freak out too much when my eldest learns to drive this year (HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?)
31. teach kellen to swim
32. take the kids camping this year
33. a 52 week playlist project on my blog.
34. see a roller derby
35. go to the polaroid house
36. go to salvation mountain
37. ride the coaster at coney island
38. my "one to grow on"... write 37 love letters to ones i love and 1 letter to myself, then mail them the old fashioned way. (thanks jessica! great one to grow on)
now here is where YOU come in, yes Y O U. leave me 1 thing to do before my next birthday. it will be my "one to grow on", (no skydiving please) and i will choose my favorite one. the person with that idea wins a 5 x 7 of their choosing from my photo stream. ok, so go, go now! leave me your idea in the comments, and i will announce the winner on MONDAY, and it will be added to above list. throughout the year i'll keep ya posted if i get to check any off.
so now to kick off # 33 above, here is the first playlist installment, because its my birthday and i feel like dancin'!!!
Pump it Up - Elvis Costello LOVE the floods and foot action on Elvis in this video and please play it loud!!! :)
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
I Will Follow - U2 live @ red rocks. i cannot count how many times i watched this concert on video in high school. A LOT! and probably on beta!!!!!
Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol
Candy's Room - BRUUUUUUUCE my all time fave bruce springsteen song
Try a Little Tenderness - some Otis done by ducky
Orange Crush - R.E.M. -- vivid memories of dancing to this song sang by a college cover band @ penn
Scar Tissue - RHCP because they still rock after all these years
Best of You - Foo Fighters. well because dave grohl is HOTT!