he stole my heart.
this year he has grown so tall and lean, all elbows and knees, blue eyes and blonde curls. his heart is bigger than the sky. his imagination knows no bounds. he is an artist. a collector. a nature boy. a pirate. a friend. a brother. a sweet soul, even fragile at times. he finds wonder all around him. right now he runs outdoors and mentally catalogues every flower, their progress, their color, their smell. he watches the birds. he sings this most beautiful song. he is ever so bright. he kicks a mean soccer ball. he has a laugh that makes me bust out in laughter as well. i try every day to deserve him.
happy 5th birthday kellen,
you surprise me every day
i love your heart little boy
i love your wonder
you are a blessing
this week's songlist is all for you. (week 12 of 52 if you are into keeping track )
big huge hugs and soooo many kisses!!! xoxo mommy
- the water is wide ~ james taylor (he learned part of this song in music class and sings it in the car in this soft little voice. it gives me a lump in my throat and i hold my breath so i can hear him.
- the rainbow connection ~ kermit the frog. i sang this to him while we rocked and rocked and rocked those early sleepless nights of his first year.
- a punk ~ vampire weekend... he totally LOVES this video!
- this video of shake shake shake senora solely because kellen tries to dance like the 2 guys in it and it makes me ever glad we have health insurance! he is determined to do a handstand!
- simple man ~ lynyrd skynyrd how can you not with lyrics like, "momma told me when i was young. sit beside me my only son. listen closely to what i say. if you do this it will help you some sunny day. take your time, don't live too fast. troubles will come, and they will pass.... be a simple kind of man. "
- ***and last but NOT least, "our song" (or my song to him) , calico skies by paul mccartney. it gets me teary every time. (side note: i know this song was written by paul for his first wife linda, but listen to the words... they are just perfect for a parent and child as well. more than perfect i think....) "it was written that i would love you from the moment i opened my eyes...."
happy birthday kellen, now make a wish and blow!
wasn't this just yesterday?