today is your last day as a three year old sweet one.
you have grown so much this year.
you began 3 so much more a baby and now you are all girl. (though you will forever be our baby)
when i think of three i will remember:
- your love of that pink ballerina tutu, your cowgirl hat, your hello kitty swimsuit and your rubber rain boots.
- the year you stopped saying "eep-uh-mul" and started saying "oatmeal". (i always miss the toddler words when they go away)
- the year you found your love of the outdoors, no longer afraid of the ocean or the snow.
- the year you drew your first faces
- the year you grew in size and opinions
- the way your eyes squint and your nose crinkles when you laugh
- that gap in your smile that is so much a part of you
- your beautiful mess of curly hair and that you never let me do anything to. no braids, no ponytail, no pigtails, no barrettes, nope not you.
- that blue dress you wanted to wear every single day this summer
- the way you graze all day long, forever hungry, asking for "squishies, fishies and raisins" at every turn.
- the year you developed your gag reflex at the dinner table (sighhhh)
- you now go potty, brush your teeth, and get dressed all on your own.
- your interest in taking pictures like me, you wear my vintage kodak around your neck all the time, and also handle my camera really great!
- you still have deep love for "favorite puppy" yet you have added a few new members to your 'family'; "pink turtle", "other favorite puppy" & "fuzzy blue puppy." (i will always love that you never give any of your stuffed friends a typical name but rather call them exactly what they are)
- your deep love and affection for your big brother and sister.
- you are a daddy's girl and a jeep girl (those 2 things kind of just go hand in hand)
- the way you dance and dance and dance
- your love for the color pink
- you have your daddy's warm brown eyes and my independent spirit.
- you know how to get dirty, you still eat most things with your hands, you like to stay up late and talk your poor brother's ear off and when he finally gives in to sleep you are still up fidgeting and playing in your bed.
- you have still not chosen a dominant hand. most days i think you will be a lefty but then you go and use your right as well.
- you are sweet and stubborn and silly and spunky a little firecracker in one tiny body.
- you still have your baby belly and i like to squeeze it.
- and they way only you call me "mummah"
tomorrow you will wake a four year old.
what new adventures does four have in store for you? i can only imagine.
happy last day of three dear casey,
momma loves you