cookouts, sun, swimming, heat, you know, the good stuff. this year summer delivered all the way up here in maine. unseasonably high temps and bright bright sunshine. i would say this was a 4th for our personal record books.
- we cooked out ~ hamburgers, corn on the cob on the grill with garlic basil butter (oh so good), and my go to in summer, bruschetta. fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic all drenched in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (drool worthy. and i would be the one drooling. i could eat this stuff every. single. day.)
- we ate pie ~ (ok, pieS) hubby baked double crust apple and my mom and kellen baked a toasted coconut cream. they did not go to waste.
- we saw fireworks ~ not once but twice! we are very lucky to live in a small coastal town that shoots them off every thursday night in the summer just for fun and for the tourists. then we saw the big display sunday night too. kellen had some sparkler fun, casey is still not into them.
- we "swam" ~ i went in the ocean twice on sunday. dove in. my whole body. it was hot, the water was not. it felt good. then we bought an inflatable pool for our yard for the kids (and us big kids) to dip in and cool off.
- we camped out ~ granted it was in our backyard... still totally counts. :) we pitched our new tent last night and the 4 of us slept outdoors. it was casey's first time. she can be quite the night owl so we were not sure what we were in for, plus she likes a nite light. we need not have worried, she did great. she did ask for a light once, we told her no, and she went right to sleep and slept the whole night.