Wednesday, September 21, 2011

breaking out of funkytown and a special sale....

Thanks for all your good words yesterday. Today I woke determined to break my funk. The sun was shining (thank you sun), hubby and I took ourselves for a pretty good walk around our hood. It was much warmer outside than it felt in our house. I forget how little sun exposure we get with all our big trees, dark cold rooms make me want to curl back up in bed, going out and feeling the warm sun today was perfect therapy. We walked at a good pace (we are both trying to lose some weight here... trying to be more active...) When we reached the beach the tide was all the way out making the sand easy to walk on. I found a scallop shell (unusual treasure for our beach) and a large broken spiral shell and happily tucked them both in my pocket. Instead of carrot cake I made carrot and apple juice which is one of my favorite juices to drink. i snuck in some kale for good measure, but not too much. So a good day. Just a little extra effort made a world of difference. Some self care, always good.

On a totally different note, I have some fun shopping news to share with anyone in my area.
Picnik collage by kristin~mainemomma
PO. P, a photo by kristin~mainemomma on Flickr.

Polarn O. Pyret ,
which actually means "Buddy and the Little Guy", has been the leading children's wear brand from Sweden since 1976. They have been in the US for 2 years now, and you may have seen them featured in Real Simple, Parenting, Cool Mom Picks, Daily Candy and Instyle Magazine. Their brand is beautifully design driven. Vivid colors, prints and patterns adorn the entire line of clothing. Individual pieces stand out on their own, are made even more fun by mixing and matching. The brand's philosophy emphasizes outdoor play, Eco clothing and production processes, as well as unisex choices in clothing for children. I have a few pieces for both Kellen and Casey. They really are fabulous. Quality fabrics, beautifully constructed, and the colors, oh the colors! I had the kids do a little fashion show for me so I could take some pictures to share here with you.

PO. P by kristin~mainemomma
PO. P, a photo by kristin~mainemomma on Flickr.

Seriously, I wish they were in
my size, I would be borrowing that green check dress from Casey in a heartbeat! (oh so cute) They even have a sweet line of clothes for mamas to be (which i am not, but oh if i was....)

This Friday and Saturday (Sept 23 & 24) Polarn O. Pyret is coming to Maine!
A 2 day Sample Sale will be held at Simply Scandinavian,
75 Market Street, Portland, from 10AM to 6PM both days. If you are in the area, head on up and take advantage of this very special sale. Items from all collections and sizes (newborn - age 12 and don't forget mama) will be available. Items priced at up to 75% off. (sweet!) See you there.

No comments: