"we've got spirit how 'bout you?!?!"
yeah this is ringing loud and clear in my head.
my spirit seems to have gone missing.
not theirs. oh no. they are READY! they have written their lists. stamped and addressed to old st nick. (i save them and keep them in their journals. shhhhhhh.) they found their santa hats in a box and are wearing them pretty much 24/7 now. last weekend "santa" drove by us on our walk to the library. mysteriously he was not in a sleigh but in a black suv. weird. but merry as ever he rolled down his window and yelled HO! HO! HO! to the kids. yeah, they loved it. now, since they have their hats, they would like to do the same. roll down our windows and drive the streets yelling HO! HO! HO! to unsuspecting strangers. it is a bit chilly to be doing this here, but of course i said yes. so back to this spirit thing, or MY spirit thing.... i am SO lucky they still wholeheartedly embrace the magic of this holiday. that of COURSE santa is REAL!!! i need to get off my grinchy butt and join them. this weekend will be the weekend to infuse us all with a big dose of holiday spirit.
on the list:
- walk in our little city to see the "big" tree
- gingerbread house making
- tree cutting and decorating (casey's year to put the star on top. they take turns. good thing i take a lot of pictures so we can remember whose turn it is.)
- cinnamon spice ornaments. we need a new batch.
- card writing.
- some holiday tunes. stevie (mr wonder) and vince guaraldi (charlie brown christmas) are a must.
- maybe a first viewing of The Polar Express this year...
are you all in the spirit already?