* a drive into Portland
* brisk walk to a favorite chowder house
* bread bowls of chowder
* cute lunch dates :)
* they scarfed the oyster crackers and chomped on lemons (silly kids)
* waved to the man in the lobster suit
* window shopped
* lights and snowflakes and wreathes and ornaments a plenty
* gray winter sky
* horse drawn carriage passed by with jingling sleigh bells
* a man playing violin on the sidewalk, kids danced like no one was watching
* rosy cheeks and noses
* it was so good to get out
* new kid art filling our windows here at home, a christmas tree forrest and snowpeople.
* to top off the afternoon, when we climbed out of the van at home it began to snow. the first flakes of the season. nothing accumulated, but to to a 4 yr old who has been anxiously waiting, it was pure magic!