Friday, February 05, 2010

dreaming awake

yesterday i was surprised by wonderful images from this gallery show.
i knew Tracey of Shutter Sisters was putting something together for the Mom 2.0 Summit.  incorporating our images in some way.  never in my minds eye did i imagine this.  i have never had my images hung anywhere before, not even a coffee shop, let alone a gallery show.  heck i barely ever print any of my own images except ones of the kids, and even then never anything larger than an 8x10 ever.  so seeing Tracey's photos of the show overwhelm me.  it continues to bring me to tears.  i am bursting with all kinds of emotions.  pride, awe, love, excitement, joy, and yes disbelief....  me?  a mom with a camera and a passion that was only recently realized?  yes me.  and other moms just like me.  
this is taking me time to process.  i keep clicking back and gazing at the images.  big, framed, beautiful pieces of ourselves hung on beautiful walls in Houston TX.  
making this even sweeter is the fact that i am sharing the walls with friends
big big love going on here.

so, dare to dream!
really, go ahead!
because dreams really can come true.

Karen Walrond wrote a post today as well showing the set up of the show and the gallery space.
please click on over and check it out!    :)

have a wonderful weekend everyone!
xoxo

16 comments:

smoothpebble said...

this is extremely incredible! amazing what your passion has led you to. i feel all of those emotions for you Kristin - pride, awe, excitement, joy, but not disbelief. way to set the world on fire with your dreaming!

Meg said...

I know, I KNOW! When Tracey approached me I was excited, nervous, happy, honored... I could go on and on. But I know what you mean. It is one thing to take the pictures and have our own connections to our work - but to have someone else look at it, think about it, and say "yes" is a very empowering thing. Congrats to you :)

Sarah-Ji said...

So glad to see your work on those walls!

xoxo

Char said...

oh, beautiful and such a wonderful group of women

Unknown said...

Thrilled for all of you! What a nice Friday....smiles

Maegan Beishline said...

That is awesome, Kristin! It must be an amazing feeling to see your work displayed in such a grand manner! It deserves to be. No doubt! You need to have some big ones made for your house now so you can feel that way all the time. Oh and thank you for the reminder to dream big! Congrats to you!

jodi said...

so very, very exciting! congratulations!!!

JoLyn said...

Congratulations to you! You inspire me.

ELK said...

it really is so fabulous to see your images there..congrats on realizing a dream.

Anonymous said...

how fabulous! congrats!

Kristin Zecchinelli said...

thank you all!

gonzomama said...

your work definitely should be hanging on the walls!
i can not wait to see where this passion is going to take you : )

Arsh said...

Congrats :) Well deserved.

Cynthia said...

Congratulations!!! I wish I was there so I could see the show. I am so happy for you.

Shokoofeh said...

It's amazing!

Kim Klassen said...

kristin, so happy for you! i looked at all the images and just felt the "love" in each of them... i can't even imagine how you must have felt... sooo thrilled for all of you!!

xxo, kim