i am happy to see friday.
chilly sunny friday.
casey and i are huddled up indoors. some little one is sick, so a day of pj's, soup and kids shows has been the order of the day.
five senses friday
- tasting: planning a weekend of homemade potato corn chowder and bread bowls baked by my hubby. and i am craving fresh spinach. heaps of it! sautéed in garlic please.
- hearing: casey's voice in a funny tone she gets when she is congested. i am never happy she is sick, but she sure sounds awful cute with that nasally speech.
- smelling: the wonderful smell of my neighbor's wood stove burning. one day i wish to have a living room with a wood stove.
- feeling: at first my response was going to be tired, (up with the sick little one last night) but then the mail lady came with a surprise package filled with the loveliest of things. such a sweet surprise perked me up. thank you laura.
- seeing: the gorgeous leaves on our huge trees fall like rain these last 2 days.